SAFE Haven for Cats is very proud to provide our Pet Food Pantry to help needy families supplement their pet’s food.
Economic reasons account for approximately 25% of the pets that are surrendered by their owners to local shelters. Over the course of a year, this could add up to several hundred animals.
We believe that by providing temporary free pet food to those in need, we will be able to:
- reduce the number of dogs and cats that are taken to the shelter;
- reduce the number of animals that are euthanized due to overcrowded shelters;
- preserve the loving relationship that pet owners share with their pets; and
- relieve people of the emotional stress of not being able to provide for their pets.
This program is intended to provide temporary, supplemental assistance for up to three (3) months. You must re-apply in six months if your circumstances have not changed and a new application will need to be submitted. If you need help feeding your pets (cats and/or dogs), please consider applying for assistance rather than giving them up.
To qualify the applicant must be:
- Only one applicant per household.
- At least 18 years old or older.
- All cats and dogs must be spayed or neutered by time food is distributed.
- Must have a clear financial need for assistance.
- Must present a photo ID